There’s more beyond crunches. If you want to tone your abs, then here are the top 10 exercises you may try.
1: Lying Overhead Reach
Work your shoulders and your abs with this exercise.
- Lie on your back with your hips and knees both at 90-degree angles, using your low abs to press your lower back into the mat. Raise your arms toward the ceiling, keeping the elbow joint slightly bent.
- Reach your arms overhead, bringing the dumbbells to tap the dumbbells on the floor above your head. Do not let your back arch away from the floor as your lower the weights.
- Raise your arms back to the starting position to complete one rep.
- Do 15 reps to complete a set.
- Use five- to 10-pound weights.