Finding the perfect jeans can sometimes be a pain in the ass.
I don’t know about you, but whenever I want a new pair of jeans, I had to try on a bunch of them first before I find something that complements my body.
It is tough because I cannot just pick and order online. I always have to go to the mall and try out myself or else they’ll be too short or too big.
If you have the same issues, then here are some tips for you.
Some more general tips:
- Denim with stretch seems to work for a majority of body types, but you should try on many different brands to see what works best for you. And don’t forget to look at the rise—that’s often the key to comfort.
- If you are concerned about extra weight in the middle, try a higher rise.
- If you’re concerned with your backside, larger pockets can conceal what you don’t want to show.
- The right flare can help give length and elongate the legs, especially if you are petite with curves.
- If you’re on the petite side, there are many great cropped options out there. But denim is also easy to alter, so don’t limit yourself because of your height. Something to keep in mind when getting your jeans hemmed is to find a tailor who knows how to properly hem denim. Usually the best solution is to cut off the original hem and to reapply it, so you keep the authentic denim stitch and thread.
- If you want to hide some of your not-so-favorite curves, try a straight leg, which helps to balance out your curves.
- And above all…
- Explore and try on as many different fits as you have time for. Often, it’s the fit you think won’t work for you that you end up falling in love with.
- What do you think of Marissa Webb’s tips for finding the perfect jeans for you? Sound off in the comments below!