Is your closet a chaotic mess? You’re not alone.
A lot of people’s closet are also a huge clutter. Mine, for one.
I guess, organizing your closet is just half of the problem. The other half is keeping organized for as long as you can.
No worries! Here is a simple guide on how to keep your closet organized.
1: How to organize your closet
- How are we going to achieve such amazing organization? We’re going to work our way through these steps to a total closet domination:
- Gather your closet organization supplies like a “toss” basket and a tape measure
- Empty the closet of all contents-clothing, shoes, closet organizers, etc.
- Clean your closet
- Declutter your wardrobe and donate, recycle, or sell the clothing items, shoes and accessories you no longer need
- Assess your closet storage solutions to make sure they
- fit your closet space
- work with your clothing, shoes and accessories
- Organize your clothing, shoes and accessories back into your closet by grouping similar items together and moving your most worn items into your closets “prime real estate”
- Coming up with a plan to keep your closet organized so it never becomes a breeding ground for clutter again.
Organizing your closet doesn’t mean that everything is going to look like these closets. That’s just not realistic. What it does mean is that you can find the clothing, shoes and accessories that you need when you need them. And yes, we’re going to try to make your closet look as good as possible too so you’re motivated to maintain your awesome organization.