Although I love sleeping early, sometimes, I would have to stay up late to overtime at work or hang out and have fun with my husband. It’s the only intimate time we have to catch up since we both have jobs and need to tend to our adorable little monsters.
Sometimes, we would chat for long hours or watch few episode of our favorite shows on Netflix, and of course, our night won’t be complete without snacks.
Yes, I know! I know what you’re thinking. Midnight snacks aren’t bad for you at all.
You just have to choose wisely on what to snack on.
Just like these 9 low-calorie midnight snacks you need in your life.
Recipe 1: No-Bake Vegan Brownies
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 8 dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Place the oats, cashews, dates, cocoa powder, and salt in a food processor and blend until everything is a smooth, floury consistency.
- Add the banana and applesauce and blend until a thick, slightly sticky dough forms.
- Spray a 7×11 pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Push the mixture into the pan firmly using the back of a spatula. Top with chopped walnuts, pushing them into the dough.
- Place pan in the fridge for at least an hour to firm up. Cut into 32 squares, and store uneaten brownies in the fridge.