How would you feel and react when a total stranger ask you what month you’re in while looking at your protruding tummy through your shirt?
Oh, it’s just food baby. Yikes!
Are you wondering why you are always feeling bloated?
Before I tell you some simple natural ways on how to de-bloat, let me tell you the factors that cause bloating first.
Increased intestinal gas is one of the most common reasons you might be bloated. The foods you eat and how you eat them are the main culprits for increased gassiness.
Causes of gas include:
- Swallowing air from drinking through a straw, or chewing gum.
- Eating too fast
- Eating too much
- Eating fatty foods
- Eating foods that create gas in the intestinal tract (such beans, vegetables, and other high fiber foods)
- Lactose intolerance
- Intestinal disorders, for example, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), IBD (inflammatory bowel disease, which includes including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis), and SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth).
- Celiac disease (gluten intolerance)
- Abdominal adhesions due to prior surgery(s) in the abdominal or pelvic region, for example, hysterectomy.
Other common causes of bloating include:
- Menstrual period and/or PMS (premenstrual syndrome)
- Drinking a lot of soda or other carbonated beverages
- Food allergies
- Liver disease
- Hiatal hernia
- pylori infection (which can lead to stomach ulcers)
If you think that you have or experience any or a combination of those things listed above, then here are some natural home remedies that can help: