Don’t know what to cook on Halloween yet?
Prepare and serve these spooky dinner dishes on your Halloween party.
1: Chicken Potpie with Crawling Hands
- 1 large egg yolk
- Wilton Red Icing Color
- 1 package frozen puff pastry
You will need: Wilton hand-shaped cookie cutter
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 c. chicken broth
- 2 package frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 c. shredded roasted or rotisserie chicken
- 1 tbsp. garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- To make Crawling Hands: Heat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk egg yolk and 2 drops red icing color in a small cup until blended; set aside.
- Roll out one sheet of puff pastry dough on a lightly floured surface. Using cutter, cut out 6 hands. Place on prepared baking sheet. Using a small paintbrush, paint egg yolk mixture onto tips of fingers to resemble fingernails.
- Bake pastry 15 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining sheet of puff pastry dough.
- To make Chicken Potpie: Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook, whisking, until bubbling. Gradually whisk in chicken broth. Stir over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a rapid boil and thickens. Stir in remaining ingredients. Return to a simmer; cook for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Pour mixture into serving bowls and garnish with Crawling Hands.