Dark skin at the back or around the neck is not usually just about poor hygiene.
As a matter of fact, experts say that it can be an early sign of diabetes, PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome), or a genetic disorder.
Although it is not contagious, it still is embarrassing, right?
No worries! Here are 5 simple ways to get rid of dark skin around the neck.
Almonds contain vitamins that are essential for skin health. Almonds also have properties that can nourish the skin and remove discoloration. You can use almonds in different ways to treat dark skin on your neck.
- For a simple remedy, make a thick paste of half a teaspoon of powdered almonds, and one teaspoon each of milk powder and honey.
- Apply the paste on the sides and back of the neck, leave it on for half an hour and then wash it off with water. Do this two to four times a week.
- Slightly heat almond oil and massage your neck with it.
- Do this few times a month to improve blood circulation in the neck area. The oil also acts as a moisturizer and will help make your skin glow.
- Soak four or five almonds in water overnight. In the morning, grind the almonds into a paste.
- Apply the paste on the neck area and gently scrub for a few minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
- Do this once or twice a week.