Cookies and other sweets are overrated, don’t you think?
It is true that they are easy and fast to prepare.
Well, if you want to impress your family and friends who are coming over, here are some holiday party dessert ideas.
1: Assorted Holiday Goat Cheese Balls
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed pistachios
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 20-25 pretzel sticks
- In a food processor add cream cheese and goat cheese. Blend until combined.
- Place goat cheese mixture in refrigerator to cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove goat cheese mixture and roll into 1/2″ mini balls (you should be able to get around 20-25 balls out of the goat cheese mixture) When finished, place on parchment paper and put in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to harden.
- Remove the goat cheese balls from the refrigerator and roll them in the toppings (crushed pistachio, fresh dill, fresh chives, and pomegranate seeds) Place a pretzel stick through the center and serve.
- If you are not serving right away, store in the refrigerator.
- Optional: serve with your favorite crackers.