2: Healthy Creamed Spinach Dish
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp roasted garlic powder or regular garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 oz gouda cheese shredded
- 1 piece crisp bacon crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Add the spinach, cover, and cook over medium until the spinach has wilted. Add the cream cheese, onion, and garlic, and stir until the cream cheese has melted.
- Remove from the heat. Add half the gouda cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 20 min