Start your holiday party with these delicious appetizers!
For sure, your friends and family will love it.
Check out the recipes here.
1: Fried Goat Cheese Balls with Cherries and Pecans
- 12 ounces 3 small packages good quality goat cheese
- 1/3 cup flour
- Egg white from one egg
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Pomegranate balsamic vinegar optional
- Place flour in a small bowl. Combine egg and 2 tablespoons water in another small bowl. Place panko and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt in another bowl. Set aside.
- Roll goat cheese into 24 1 tablespoon-sized balls. As your rolling, add some cherries and pecans to each ball.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour or the freezer for 20 minutes to make sure they are firm and sturdy.
- Coat each goat cheese ball in the flour mixture. Dip in the egg and make sure that all of the outer surface is covered. Then coat with the panko mixture. Don’t skimp on the panko!
- Heat oil to 350° in a deep saucepan over medium-high heat. It will not boil. Since this one my first time frying food, I wasn’t sure! A deep saucepan is important so that the hot oil doesn’t splatter.
- Working in batches, add 2 or three goat cheese balls to the oil and allow them to fry for about 30 seconds, or until the entire coating is crispy and browned. Take out of the oil using a slotted spoon and place on a cookie rack or paper towel to dry.
- Serve warm topped with a drizzle of pomegranate balsamic vinegar if desired! Enjoy!
Recipe source: https://www.thecookierookie.com/fried-goat-cheese-poppers/