Holiday season is just around the corner. Wow!
The year passed by so fast, eh?
Do you have any plans yet?
If not, then here are some dishes you might want to consider making.
Check out these 5 delicious comfort food for the holidays.
1: Southern-Style Collard Greens
- 1 large (48-ounce) container chicken broth
- 6 ounces salt pork, diced into about 1/4-inch pieces (or 6-8 slices thick cut bacon, diced)
- 1 bunch collard greens, large stem portion removed and rinsed well
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Stack 3 to 4 collard leaves and roll into a “log”. Slice the log into ribbons. Cut ribbons into 2 to 3-inch pieces.
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, bring 1 cup of the chicken broth to a boil over medium high heat. Add pork pieces and cook for 1 minute.
- Add remaining chicken broth to the pot and return to a boil.
- Slowly add collard leaf ribbons, 1 big handful at a time, stirring in-between.
- Add salt, pepper, molasses and red wine vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Cook for 50-55 minutes, or until leaves are tender (but not mushy!).
- Drain off pot liquor in a colander and serve.