How do you like your burgers?
I like mine with little less mayo and a lot of cheese.
Although, if you are vegan, you may have to tweak the ingredients a little.
No worries, though, because I got here 4 vegan burger recipes you will surely love. Plus, there’s a bonus recipe video at the end.
Sweet Potato Chickpea BBQ Veggie Burger
- 15 oz (400 g) chickpeas, 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 1 sweet potato, medium-sized, cooked
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (70 g) BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup (35 g) cornmeal
- ¼ cup (25 g) scallions, chopped
- 6 oz (170 g) tomato paste
- ¼ cup (60 mL) water
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- In a large bowl, microwave chickpeas for 1 minute, or until softened.
- Peel the cooked sweet potato, and add it to the bowl of chickpeas, along with the garlic, chili powder, and salt. Mash until chickpeas are finely mashed. Add cornmeal and scallions, and set aside.
- For the barbecue sauce: In a medium-size bowl, combine tomato paste, water, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add barbecue sauce to the mashed chickpea mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Using a ½ cup (120 ml) measuring cup, portion 5 patties from the mixture. Place onto a lightly greased parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until firm and browned, flipping over halfway through.
- Serve with the remaining barbecue sauce and favorite fixins.