Chicken breast meat is one of the leanest meat in the world.
This is why a lot of health buffs prefer it over thighs or drumsticks.
If you love boneless chicken breasts, then here are some recipes I’m pretty sure you will love.
Full recipes in the succeeding pages.
Recipe 1: Sheet Pan Chicken Parm
- 2 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about ¾ pound)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups marinara sauce
- 3 cups baby spinach, packed
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prep the chicken breasts: Place your knife at one end of a chicken breast, parallel to the cutting board. Cut into the middle of the chicken breast and slice from one end to the other, almost all the way through but not quite. Open the chicken breast up so that it’s one long, thinner piece. Repeat with the second breast.
- Season the chicken breasts on all sides, then spread the tomato paste on the lower half of each chicken breast. Spread the ricotta on top of the tomato paste, then lay the mozzarella on top of that. Close the upper half of the chicken breast over the top of the topped lower half, so that the chicken breast is “stuffed”. If you want, you can insert toothpicks through the chicken breasts, to keep everything together.
- Place the stuffed chicken breasts on the baking sheet, then pour the marinara over the breasts. Scatter the baby spinach around the baking sheet and sprinkle everything with parmesan. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.