If you are on a low-carb or gluten-free, or any other strict diet where you can’t eat pasta from wheat, then spaghetti squash is such a great substitute.
As a matter of fact, here are 4 mouth-watering spaghetti squash recipes you may try.
Recipe 1: Breakfast Spaghetti Squash (Bacon & Egg)
Serving Size: 4
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Oil, to brush
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1/2 cup of bacon, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Green onion, garnish
- Preheat oven to 400º F / 200º C.
- Half the squash and scoop out seeds.
- Brush the inner flesh with oil, season with salt and pepper. Place squash cut side down, and roast until tender, about 30 minutes. Then let cool.
- Use a fork to scrape the squash strands and “fluff” it up.
- Sprinkle bacon and cheese on top of the fluffed squash. Make a hole with a spoon and crack an egg inside.
- Place breakfast squash halves back in the oven, and bake until filling is hot and eggs reach your desired doneness, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and black pepper.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!