Halloween is supposedly scary because it involves horror movies, spooky costumes, and crazy parties, but it is also a time for kids to enjoy and gather as much candy as they can.
Families and neighborhoods come along together to scare and share at the same time.
Since Halloween is also for kids, here are 3 spooky but yummy kiddie treats you can make.
1: Oreo Spider Webs
- 1/4 lb. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 lb. white chocolate, chopped
- 18 Double Stuffed Oreo cookies
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Line work surface with wax paper or foil and place wire rack on top. Portion 4 tablespoons of each chocolate and place in plastic bag; snip off one corner and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt all but 4 tablespoons each chocolate in 15 second bursts, stirring between each heating.
- Working in batches of 2 to 3 Oreos, dip each in chocolate until fully coated and transfer to wire rack. (Lightly scrape the bottom of each cookie against edge of bowl to remove excess coating.)
- Melt remaining chocolate and place each color in a plastic bag. Snip a bottom corner and pipe three circles on the opposite-colored cookie.
- Using a toothpick and starting from the inner-most circle, drag a line through each circle toward the edge of cookie to create web. Repeat until all cookies are dipped and decorated, then transfer to the refrigerator to set.