Sometimes, especially when we are in a hurry in the morning, we trade nutrition for junk food.
What to do?
Plan ahead. Make ahead.
Here are 3 low-calorie meals on-the-go.
1: Egg White Breakfast Cups
- 2 cups spinach, 14 calories (60 g)
- 1 roma tomato, 11 calories
- 2 cups egg white, 250 calories (480 mL)
- salt, to taste, 0 calories
- ½ teaspoon pepper, 0 calories
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Then divide equally the spinach across 6 cups.
- Dice the tomato, then fill the cups with the tomato and egg whites.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the whites have set.
- Serve hot.