Our body needs protein to build muscles. This is why a lot of bodybuilders and workout junkies are into high-protein diet.
Protein is abundant in meat, especially lean meat.
What if you are vegan or you just don’t like eating meat at all? Can you still get enough protein from your meals?
Yes, in fact, here are 3 high-protein vegetarian meals you must try.
5-Minute Spinach Tomato Frittata
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 10 oz fresh baby spinach (or 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry)
- 3 lg eggs
- 5 lg egg whites
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook scallions 1 minute, stirring, or until softened.
- Transfer scallions to large bowl. Add spinach, whole eggs, and egg whites. Beat with fork until well blended.
- Heat broiler. Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture and scatter tomatoes on top. Cover skillet and cook 4 minutes, or until eggs are set around edges.
- Broil 5″ from heat 4 minutes, or until frittata is lightly browned and the center is set. Top with cheese, cover, and let stand 1 minute to melt cheese. Cut into 4 wedges and serve each with 1 slice toast.