Aside from carving and decorating, you can also use pumpkin to serve delicious meals.
Here are 3 delicious stuffed pumpkin dishes you should definitely try.
1: Cheesy Bread Pudding Stuffed Pumpkin
- 1 large baguette, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 2-pound OR 1 6-pound pumpkin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups coarsely grated Gruyère
- 2 cups coarsely grated Emmental
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place baguette slices on a large baking tray and toast for 5-7 minutes, until slightly crispy. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut a large circle around the stem of the pumpkin(s) to create a lid. Remove pumpkin seeds and innards. Season inside of pumpkin with ½ tsp salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream, milk, chicken/vegetable broth, nutmeg, thyme, salt, and black pepper. In a separate bowl, combine grated cheeses.
- Place a layer of toasted bread in bottom of pumpkins, then cover with about ¾ cup cheese and about ½ cup cream mixture. Continue layering bread, cheese, and cream mixture until pumpkin is filled to about ½ inch from top. If you have any cream mixture left over, pour it on top.
- Place top back on pumpkins and brush the entire outside of the pumpkins with olive oil. Bake for an hour and a half, until the pumpkins are slightly soft to the top and filling puffs up slightly.
- To serve, cut pumpkins in half or quarters and top with more fresh thyme!
Original recipe source: https://bromabakery.com/2016/11/cheesy-bread-pudding-stuffed-pumpkin.html