I had a friend back in college who eats dessert first before the main course. According to her, she wants to taste the good stuff first just in case a disaster hits while she’s eating.
It is ridiculously funny and kind of absurd, if you think of it, but she has a point.
We all want the best in life, especially when it comes to food.
Speaking of food, let me share with you one of my favorite desserts lately.
It’s this delicious vegan chocolate mousse that you can prepare in under 15 minutes. Delicioso!
15-Minute Delicious Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- 1 can coconut cream, whipped *
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, plus more to taste
- Powdered sugar or other sweetener to taste, optional (I use coconut sugar or honey)
- Raspberries, optional
- Whip the coconut cream as directed. Remove about a quarter of the whipped coconut cream and set aside.
- Add two tablespoons of cocoa powder and continue to whip. Add more cocoa powder or sweetener to taste, if needed.
- Divide chocolate mousse mixture into two small cups or bowls. Add a dollop of reserved whipped coconut cream and top with raspberries or other garnish.
*To whip coconut cream, you’ll need one can of chilled coconut milk, a few teaspoons of your favorite sweetener, and a teaspoon of vanilla extract.