The vagina has its own way to protect itself from germs, viruses, and bacteria, but sometimes poor hygiene can put a woman at risk from getting vaginal infections.
Aside from yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis is the most common infection women can get on their hooha.
Here are some of its symptoms:
- Too much itching
- Excessive vaginal disorder
- Foul smell, and
- Pain when peeing
If you have any or all of these symptoms, it is better that you take action right away or it may lead to more serious health problems.
Here are 10 natural remedies for bacterial vaginosis.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
An excellent home remedy for bacterial vaginosis is apple cider vinegar. Due to its acidic nature, apple cider vinegar helps increase vaginal acidity. This makes it difficult for bad bacteria to survive and creates a better environment for good bacteria to thrive.
- Add one to two cups of apple cider vinegar to your bath water.
- Sit in the bath water for about 20 minutes.
- Gently pat dry the vaginal area.
- Do this once daily until the condition improves.